Window tinting can give your car the look of luxury and sleekness. But finding the right company to do the job requires research and knowledge of everything that is involved. Choosing the right tinter can leave your windows looking faded rather than fabulous.
Elite Tint is number one choice for window tinting services in Toronto and the GTA.
We offer the highest quality tints and meet all legal guidelines on tint darkness.
Our premium tinting experts can give your car windows a stunning finish that will not only protect the interior of your car and passengers but will also add value to your vehicle.
Here are some tips to help you get the best look for your car:
How Does Tinting Work?
Car window tinting is done by applying a thin film that increases the window’s ability to deflect the light away from your car. There are many different types of films that offer different levels of UV protection and darkness.
These films can also offer added strength to your windows increasing the safety of your vehicle and protecting you and your passengers.
Types of Tinting
There are several types of window tinting to choose from depending on how dark you want to go. Each type of tinting also gives a unique look from total darkness to a more gradient tinting.
- Dyed Window Tinting – Opaque. This is a great option if you are on a budget. Dyed window tinting blocks sunlight and heat giving you a cool driving experience from the moment you get in the car. This type of tinting has a limited lifespan and will most likely have to be replaced.
- Metalized Window Tinting – High Shine. This type of window tinting is a step up from dyed window tinting. It offers great sun protection and added strength to the window due to the presence of small metallic particles embedded in the film. The darkness of this tint can block electronic signals, so it is best to check with the installer to ensure it is compatible with your devices.
- Hybrid Window Tinting – Medium darkness. Hybrid windows allow you to have the sun protection you want without having to go too dark. Titanium and grey dye is the most common colour combination for this type of tint resulting in a tint that is not too reflective but still allows for privacy.
- Carbon Window Tint Film – Matte Finish. An excellent choice for drivers who want a more superior finish on their windows. Offering 40% protection against sun and heat, this type of tinting provides a longer-lasting finish and protects the interior of your car from sun damage. A longer lasting tint choice, this type of finish does not fade over time.
- Crystalline Tinting – Light Tint. A great choice for people who do not want a completely dark window. This tinting blocks sun UV radiation and heat. A great option when driving small children around.
- Ceramic Window Tinting – Dark. Ceramic window tinting is the ideal choice for drivers looking for a darker window tint. This type of tinting can block up to 50% of solar heat.
Why Should You Choose Window Tinting?
There are many reasons why window tinting can be beneficial besides fashionability. Though most people choose to tint for looks and privacy, there are many other benefits to both your health and the value of the car.
- Tinting keeps your car cooler in the sun so you don’t have to worry about burning your skin on hot leather. It also protects the finish of car upholstery, adding longevity and value to your car.
- Tinting is also a smart option if you have small children in the car. It can block harmful UV rays which can burn skin even in a car.
- It also adds an extra level of strong resistance to the glass which could help prevent damage in an accident.
The cost of window tinting varies by the type of tinting and the make of the car. Tinting ranges run from 20% to 80%. Each type of tint has different components that add to the level of sun protection and fade resistance.
We offer many affordable packages based on the make and model of your car;
Classic Series – $250
Pinnacle Ceramic Tint – $380
Stratos dual layer ceramic tint – $580 – Blocks at least. 89% of IR
Yes, it is legal to tint your car windows in Ontario as long as they remain within the acceptable limits laid out by the Ontario Traffic Act.
Yes, all our work is 100% guaranteed. We use the highest quality tints and the most advanced tinting technology and all our tints block 99% of UV rays.
Which Windows Should I Choose to Tint?
The diversity of makes and models of cars allows for many different choices when it comes to which windows to tint.
It is not recommended to tint side or rear mirrors.
Lighter tints are best for front and rear windows, giving them added sun protection without blocking visibility. Strip tinting can also be a good choice for front and rear windows as these do not obstruct large portions of the window surface.
Side windows are where you can have more fun with tinting and gradients. If you are looking for more privacy go with a 50% to 80% block. This will provide exceptional sun protection and additional window strength too.
This level of tinting is also ideal for elite and high-end cars to protect the beautiful leather and wood finishes from fading.
Unlike traditional tints, if you are looking for UV rejection, several specialty films are nearly invisible to the naked eye that does not obstruct the driver’s view. These are a great choice for someone who does not want to make a radical change to the overall look of their car, but still want to enjoy the added UV protection.
Improve the look and increase the value of your car with affordable and premium tinting options from Elite Tint Auto Styling Centre.